Ringo's

Sometimes Ringo is lost in idle fancies. Misgiving about the future, distress for existence. Wrong faiths and right ways. And thinking about the world, me or them.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Favorite, 椎名林檎

My English nickname is Ringo. Many people ask to me, "Did you made your name after Ringo Star?." No. I got my name from 椎名林檎(Shena Ringo) who is famous Japanese singer-songwriter. She is very talented musician. There are many singers who have good voice and beautiful appearance. But Like as she, outstanding artists who write own lyrics, make music, arrange, even make movie are rare especially in Korea.

When I was 14 years old, I heard Ringo's music first. Her voice was unique and very attractive. I fell in love with her music in a moment. At that time Japanese albums were hard to buy in Korea differently these days. There were no licensed Japanese albums in Korean record shop so I had to find another way to get Ringo's album on the internet. It paid for a lot of money. Albums that were imported directly from Japan cost three times than Korean record. I was young and I didn't have enough money, but her music deserved to buy. Her music is little bit strange at first. Sometimes she screams, growls, and screeches. She expressed her thought and feeling wildly on her music videos or concerts. So someone calls her psycho. However I love her that strange aspects. It is her own attractions.

She released 11 singles and 3 albums since 1998. And she declared quit of her solo activities at 2004. Since then she organized the group 東京事變(Tokyo Jihen-it means a Tokyo accident) that she plays of vocal. I miss her unique music but I can listen still her voice, I am happy. Maybe I will love her until she stops her music.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cursief Huigje said...

I hope that I ever can listen to her music. You make me curious!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home