Ringo's

Sometimes Ringo is lost in idle fancies. Misgiving about the future, distress for existence. Wrong faiths and right ways. And thinking about the world, me or them.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Builders account for fifth of bankrupt firms

http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article-eastasia.asp?parentid=53187

Variety, a U.S.-based entertainment news media, said it would publish a daily newsletter covering Korea's biggest film festival held in the southeastern coastal city of Busan this year. The Pusan International Film Festival, or PIFF, has grown at a rapid pace in recent years. Variety's decision to publish a daily during the festival (Oct. 12-20) marks the elevated stature of PIFF as one of the top film festivals in Asia because it releases dailies for three top film festivals only -- Cannes, Berlin and Toronto.

While I read this article, I was proud to my hometown Busan. PIFF became the most popular Asian Film Festival. Every year it is held very successfully. The PIFF plaza is in the Nampo-dong, at the festival season that place is so crowded. But I have not gone there so this year I will participate in this event. I hope the PIFF will be the first film festival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home